Five new ministerial-led taskforces have been set up to develop plans for how and when closed sectors can reopen safely & lead on developing secure guidelines for the reopening of:
- Pubs and restaurants (Department for Business, Energy and industrial Strategy)
- Non-essential retail (including salons) (Department for Business, Energy and industrial Strategy)
- Recreation and leisure, including tourism, culture and heritage, libraries, entertainment and sport (Department for Culture, Media and Sport)
- Places of worship, including faith, community and public buildings (Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government)
- International aviation, reflecting the unique challenges that sector is facing (Department for Transport)
The Tourism Minister also confirmed that the Tourism Industry Council will be repurposed as the Visitor Economy group to feed into the Recreation and Leisure task force, chaired by the Secretary of State, Oliver Dowden CBE.