General Grants & Funds:
- UK businesses can apply for a share of £20 million in a fast-track competition run by Innovate UK to develop new ways of working, including hospitality. This new investment includes proposals and new ideas to stream music and entertainment. Businesses can attract up to £50,000 as an upfront grant payment to cover the full costs of a project lasting up to 6 months. Projects with strong potential could attract follow-on funding, this could include: new platforms and software for music artists to stream live performances, connect remotely to their fan-base and allow global audiences to enjoy their live experience.
- The Chancellor announced further measures to help the charity sector, of which there are 170,000 in the UK. Charities can already use the current schemes (job retention scheme etc), but some charities are on the front line in tackling coronavirus, while others support vulnerable people. £750m in funding for the charity sector.
Campaigns you can get involved in to support our industry:
- The Professional Association for Self-Caterers UK is sharing regular COVID-19 updates and advice for self-catering businesses.
- ABTA is calling for industry-wide action to ‘Save Future Travel’. Individuals and businesses can get involved by visiting savefuturetravel.co.uk.
- Tourism Alliance, The British Holiday & Home Parks Association and UKHospitality have been leading a new social media campaign to #ProtectTourismJobs. Key areas that are being focussed on include helping ensure seasonal workers are included in the furlough scheme, broadening the furlough scheme and making sure businesses survive the winter period. You can join the conversation on twitter using #ProtectTourismJobs
- VisitBritain/VisitEngland has sent an open letter of support to the international events sector. The #StrongerTogether campaign shares the message that the UK is ready to welcome their events to the UK when the time is right. The UK business events industry are encouraged to get involved, a video asset can be downloaded. To download the video and find out more visit the VisitBritain.org website.
Government support for our industry:
- Business Rates Holiday for Retail, Leisure & Hospitality businesses – find out more here.
- Cash Grant for for Retail, Leisure and Hospitality businesses – find out more here.
Our team are now working remotely and should we be able to support you in any way, please email email@example.com or call (01242) 576010 Option 1.